|7:45 – 8:30 am||Registration & Continental Breakfast (provided)|
|8:30 am – 12:00 pm||
Make the connection between differentiated instruction and student engagement and motivation
- Clarify your understanding of what differentiated instruction is and isn’t.
- Learn the pillars of differentiated instruction.
- Assess which components of student engagement and motivation would be most valuable to focus upon.
- Understand how multiple intelligences and learning modalities impact student engagement.
Gain tools for promoting positive feelings in the classroom
Discover strategies for stimulating attention and interest
|12:00 – 1:15 pm||Lunch (on your own)|
|1:15 – 3:30 pm||
Design lessons that are high on the “meaningful and relevant” meter
- Guide students to make personal connections to key concepts.
- Use a fresh approach to visual images to stimulate interest and engagement.
- Encourage input from everyone with brainstorming.
Help students build confidence and self-efficacy
…and much more!
Learn strategies that meet students where they are and lead them to where they need to be
Capture attention, promote deeper learning, and engage students’ emotions
Rediscover the power of storytelling to draw students in
Gain tools to keep students on their toes and increase self-efficacy
Tap into intrinsic motivations by connecting to student interests
Use movement to generate and maintain positive feelings about learning